Pages

Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, October 3, 2008

A new project!

I spent the week working on an installation at the gallery at school. We are having a faculty show that opens on Monday. After a couple of sleepless nights, here's what I ended up with. I am happy about it, but fairly uneasy considering I have never done an installation in a solo fashion. Paintallica....yes, but not when all the weight is on me. It was a great experience. I incorporated a lot of screen prints that I have been working since the summer. I think the red fringe makes me happiest though! figures. The reception is on Thursday night.
I injected a few sayings that have been floating around in my mind for a while. A couple of them were overheard words, and some random ones. One reads, "Good Luck in heaven crazy pants"
one on the right reads "it's like we're giants" and "they're drowning" the top reads, "Reduce your amplitude" (solid advice given to me).
This feels more like "me" than the still life paintings for right now. So, I am thrilled that I had the chance to do it.




9 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats! It's fun. I wish I could be there to see it in person. I love the splashy water stuff at the bottom. (I know, technical language I used there, huh?) That's the kinda feel I want the tattoo on my foot to have! We should talk...maybe you could draw it for me!

Carlos Ferguson said...

rock on G-star, you've crossed the line, installation! Looks great!

Our Gratitude Journal said...

I love it, I can't wait to see it live!

alfgraham said...

If anyone can make beautiful art that seems to scatter and put it together beautifully in such a way that is awe inspiring, I know my Greta can do it for all to enjoy. I never cease to be impressed!! Way to go adopted daughter of mine.

Bill Donovan said...

Greta, Good work. I would like to hear some more about the stories behind the images/words too. I think it is a smart decision to create installations because it allows you more flexibility to go in any direction you are interested in. I would like to collaborate. I want to make a book really bad, maybe a book? What do you think?

Marie said...

Oh Greta I think it's so fantastic, and so you. Congrats hon. Way to put it out there.

Bill Donovan said...

How did the opening go?

Bill Donovan said...

POST SOME MORE DRAWINGS!!!

Unknown said...

Greta it's really very good work, I want to appreciate you for such a beautiful work. I love it. Thanks for this...

Savita
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Blogger news