Pages

Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kasia Skirt + Bronchitis!

Well, I can say that the only good thing to come out of this week of ridiculous sickness, as I battle some form of really lovely bronchitis, is that I finished another sewing project.
It's the Kasia skirt. This is a free, that's right FREE skirt pattern available on Burda Style's website. The link is this if you decide to make one! I highly recommend it. It was a little hard for this beginner sewing gal. I definitely took out more than a few stitches, but oh man, what a great skirt! The fit is PERFECT, it's stylish, and just so so cute. I'm so proud! It's my second garment from a pattern, and my first really successful one! ha!
I used some of the Oasis Canvas from Marcus, that has proved to be just such a great fabric for my last couple of projects. I just love it! What do you think!?

The main skirt panels ready to assemble


My first buttonholes! So proud 



Bunched little pockets added a fun detail





Zipper in place....a little jankety, but it get's hidden by the front panel....my little secret! :) 



...laying out a few options and deciding on what fabric to use with the buttons. I bought a handy dandy button making kit at Hobby Lobby, and just loved getting to make the perfect button for the skirt!



 The view from the front...high-waisted



I just love the final product! I may have to make a few variations of this.....maybe one for each day of the week....too much? ;)












1 comment:

BarefootAdrianne said...

I love and I vote yes for a skirt for every day of the week! think of all the color combos. *swoon*

Blogger news