Pages

Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A WEE BIT OF CATCHING UP TO DO!


Well, needless to say, it has been a while since my last post in August. A new full time job and the usual demands of life have been a bit of a hinderance in updating the blog. However, now that I am back...boy do I have things to share! :)
Let's break this up into a few categoires----

A VISIT FROM MOM------
My mom never liked sewing. In fact, when I started to sew just a year ago, I definitely started with some hesitation, remembering mom's frustration every time her Avocado Green Singer was brought out for occasional dress or pant hemming. So, when mom came to visit back in August, I decided what better way to bond than at a sewing class at Home Ec!!?? ha! She was totally game and had a great time. Codi guided her flawlessly through the whole process and she made a lovely little tote. It was so much fun to have her here and share that experience with her.

A proud mom and her tote

STRIKE OFFS!-----
Next up, is a very exciting thing indeed. The first round of strike offs have arrived from the mill. There's still a little adjusting to be done, but these are definitely sneak-peek worthy anyway! This is the Here To There Collection in the blue/brown colorway. I just love it! 


And, what may be the most exciting part.....


SEWING PROJECTS---------
Luckily, I have still managed to get some sewing of my own done. My recent project was the fabulous Tova top from Wiksten.  I have had the great pleasure to get to know Jenny of Wikstenmade over the last couple of months, and she is a complete delight as are her beautiful patterns for clothing. I decided to use a little mish-mash of fabrics from Marcus.  I just love the blend of the Civil War Era fabric with the modern prints. It is just a unique combo that I fell in love with.  The top was a little tricky in parts---not due to directions, but due to my lack of great sewing skills! I managed to fit it perfectly, and in the end decided to remove the collar I had sewn on. I liked the open neck. I plan on making another one soon. It is just such a great top to wear with jeans or leggings. 









Then, yesterday, I spent the evening at Home Ec again working on making a tote bag from the new strike offs. We are getting ready for the Quilt Market. So, a few great little examples of things sewn up from the collections is a must! 

A slightly traumatic moment--eek!

The outside of the bag is almost done----the rest will be completed next week


PREDICTABLE DISASTERS-----
As some of you creative types might know, sometimes the spaces we work in tend to get a bit disheveled. My lovely John, who is also creative, is MUCH MUCH neater than I. This was his humorous addition to my lingering disaster in the downstairs room. ha! 

Yes, that word bubble on the right says----"It destroyed everything!!" :)



FARMER'S MARKET FINDS-----
And, finally I saw these lovely oyster mushrooms at the Farmer's Market last Saturday. I just thought they were so stunning. Something about that blue tablecloth does them good too! :) This will definitely be inspiration for something in the near future! 


























3 comments:

VO said...

Greta, Wooo hoooo! Isn't seeing your name on the selvage the best thing ever? Your fabric looks fab!

Greta Songe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greta Songe said...

Thanks so much! It really is the best thing ever..:)

Blogger news