Pages

Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, June 7, 2012

BIG NEWS!

Although, I have "officially" announced it in the realm of Facebook and to lots of people in person, I just realized I haven't had the chance to dedicate a blog post to this topic yet.
As of a couple of weeks ago, I am now a licensed fabric designer for Marcus Fabrics out of NY. Yeah!!!
This has been such a whirlwind couple of years.....leaving Florida and my full time gig there, pursuing this avenue of artistic creation.....and now, actually securing a contract with such a fantastic company that is a perfect fit for me. I am just filled with joy about all of it.

Marcus has been around for quite some time, well known in the industry for reproduction fabrics and quality, useable textiles. They recently expanded into the Modern Quilting market with their Studio 37 line of modern quilting fabrics. This is the line I'll be a part of, and I am thrilled!

Last month at the KC Quilt Market, I had the chance to meet the women I'll be working with, who were such a delightful, enthusiastic and welcoming bunch. We are in the process of getting the designs in order and moving ahead. Hopefully, the lines will be available at the Fall Quilt Market in Houston. I will definitely have up-to-date info on the blog and on my Facebook design page. So, stay tuned!

Here are a few pics I took of the Marcus booth at market.





I am quite in love with those pink and orange patterns. They remind me of fresh little kiwis! 

 Hustle and Bustle!
 This quilt makes me want to head to Door County and relax by Sister Bay!
 I just adored these two quilts. The colors are so bright, fun, and fresh!

No comments:

Blogger news