Pages

Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Carving and Rose Drawing

 I have been working on a few new designs.....mostly hand carved to start. It turns out I have a doodling addiction, and some really great floral designs emerged out of my KC Quilt market sketchbook. Below is a little sneak peak of what I'm up to. I'll post as soon as I get a final design from this. I'm hoping for something elegant, but a bit edgy.




I had an unexpectedly lovely time drawing these flowers the other day. These roses are in our backyard.....a rose bush just overflowing with these little guys. I think I almost take it for granted. When deciding what to draw that morning, I remember thinking that the roses were not an option....imagining images of roses with a perfectly placed dew drop on the tip or something perhaps from my grandmother's toiletry collection. It seemed kind of hokey to draw roses for some reason.  I understand this is non-sense! ha! 
Surprisingly, I really like the flowers above that came out of this drawing session. There may be something there for a future pattern! 



No comments:

Blogger news